My Little Kitchen: Easy Oven Kahlua Pork

August 30, 2008

Easy Oven Kahlua Pork

Make this for dinner guests, and they'll swear you brought home take-out.

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 4 Hours

•2-4 Lb. pork roast
•1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
•2 Tbsp. water
•1 Tbsp. kosher salt
•1 Tsp. freshly grated ginger (optional)

In a roasting pan or ceramic baking dish, mix your liquid smoke, water, and optional ginger (I find that without ginger this tastes just like the hawaiian restaurants', but I love the flavor with it added). Roll your roast around in the mix, then rub the salt into the meat. With your roast in the roasting pan, tightly cover the pan with foil and cook for 1 hour at 400°, then reduce the temperature down to 300° and continue cooking for 3 hours. Remove the pork from the oven and shred with 2 forks, and serve over rice.

I also make a sauce that I serve with this dish...I'm not sure how traditional it is, but it I think it goes perfectly.

•½ Cup of your favorite bbq sauce
•1 Tbsp. soy sauce
•3 Tbsp. pineapple juice
•1 Tsp. freshly grated ginger
•1 Small clove freshly grated garlic

Mix all the ingredients together, and chill until ready to serve.

No comments: