My Little Kitchen: Cinnamon Sugary Animal Cookies

August 23, 2008

Cinnamon Sugary Animal Cookies

A childhood favorite, kicked up a notch!


Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes

•20 Ounces animal crackers (I buy the big canister of smooth animal crackers from Costco)
•¼ Cup vegetable oil
•3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
•1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
•2 Tbsp. demerara cane sugar

In a small bowl mix the oil, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Spread your crackers out on a foil lined baking sheet, and toss with the oil mixture until evenly coated. Lastly, sprinkle the cane sugar over the top of the crackers and give a quick shake of the pan. Bake at 250° for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. I also cheat my own recipe a little by sprinkling a little more cane sugar on top after cooking...I love that extra crunch. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container or ziploc bag.

No comments: